Odisha KALIA Chhatra Bruti Scheme 2019-20 (Scholarship For Children Of Farmers) [Form, Eligibility, Documents, Portal, Student List]
For the development of landless and poor agricultural workers of Odisha, the state government has already launched the KALIA Scheme. Under the scheme, the state government is set to pay Rs. 10,000 apart from paving the path for the growth of other agro-related sectors. Turning its attention to those farmers’ children, the government has taken a later initiative and announced a more effective scheme. The authority has announced the new scholarship project in the name Kalia Chhatra Bruti Scheme. The primary motto of the scheme is to aid financial support to the desirable and meritorious students of the farmers seeking higher educational degrees.
|Name of the Scheme||Kalia Chhatra Bruti Yojana|
|Place of Launch||Odisha|
|Date of Announcement||February 2019|
|Launched by||Naveen Patnaik|
|Implementation Time||2019 – 2020|
|Targeted Beneficiaries||KALIA scheme beneficiary children|
Benefits of the Odisha KALIA Chhatra Bruti Scheme
- A Boost to education – Poor farmers are often unable to arrange money for paying the fee of their children’s higher education. The state government of Odisha has, therefore, initiated this scheme to take the responsibility of the children by aiding them financial facilities for education. The meritorious students aiming at pursuing engineering, medical, law, research, and other academic fields will be able to get economic aid from the state government.
- The growth of the children of the farmers – According to what the scheme has drafted, only the meritorious children of the farmers of KALIA Scheme will be able to get the benefits of the scheme. The parents require the registration of their names under the aforementioned scheme. If it is not so, then the children will not get any scholarship from the state government.
- Number of Beneficiaries of the Scheme – According to the reports and claims, the KALIA scheme will provide the benefits to a total of 10 lakh farmers. A similar number of beneficiaries can stand a possibility of getting the scholarship by the state government. As of now, the confirmed information has not been given by the government, but it will do so as soon as possible.
- Financial Benefits – The amount of the scholarship has not yet been mentioned by the state government. But the selected applicants will apparently get the amount substantial for meeting the requirement.
Eligibility Criteria and Required Documents for the KALIA Chhatra Bruti Scheme
- Marginal and Poor Farmers – Parents of the students who are either in the marginal or poor agricultural labor category are eligible for the scheme. Students whose parents fall into the category of other farmers aren’t eligible for the KALIA Chhatra Bruti Scheme.
- Residential criteria for the scheme – The government of Odisha will fund, implement, and monitor the scheme. Therefore, it is obvious for the interested candidates to have their residential certificates. As a matter of fact, without any approved documentation, the applicant will not be capable of deeming the validity of the scheme.
- The students whose parents will be benefited by Kalia beneficiaries – This scheme have been exclusively designed for the students whose parents are eligible for the original KALIA scheme. If the farmers don’t have the registration for the KALIA scheme, then their children will not be eligible to get the benefits of KALIA Chhatra Bruti Scheme.
- The Educational documents and certificates – The scheme is designed for the students who aim at desiring aid for higher education. Hence, the applicants or candidates require submitting the photocopies of their mark sheets with approved registration cards. Additionally, they also require submitting the papers that highlight their higher education field.
- Admission papers of College – The eligible candidates require submitting the Xerox copy of their college admission documents. They also require furnishing the papers which highlight the occurrence of the admission only after performing some merit tests.
- 6. College papers on the basis of merit – The scheme draft has clearly mentioned that the students who applied for admission under the reservation quota aren’t eligible to get the financial aid of the scheme. Only the ones who have performed excellently in the merit test are eligible to get the benefits of the scheme.
- Government College Applicants – Regardless of the irrespective higher education pursued by the students, the beneficiaries must exclusively attain the scholarship only if the institution is run by the educational department of the State Government. In such a scenario, the students of private colleges aren’t eligible for the scheme.
Application Form Procedure for the KALIA Chhatra Bruti Scheme
Targeting towards the kids of the farmers, the official announcement of the KALIA Chhatra Bruti Scheme 2019-2020 has recently been made by the CM of Odisha. However, the scheme is still not been announced with a confirmation. According to what the Odisha CM has mentioned, the authority is currently working on the implementation of the scheme. Therefore, as of now, there’s no further information pertaining to the application procedure of the scheme. Once the Government declares any further official announcement, you will be notified immediately. Till then, you can keep an eye on the Internet and watch this space.
The state government of Odisha has thought about this exclusive scheme to aid the financial facilities to the children of the farmers. And they will assist capable and meritorious candidates in order to pick a path for themselves. Under this scheme, the benefited children will be able to enroll for higher education with financial support by the government. For further information on the application procedure, you need to keep an eye on the Internet.
Other links –